- Application ILM
- Application Retirement
- B2B Data Exchange
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Complex Event Processing
- Data Archive
- Data Governance
- Data Integration
- Data Masking
- Data Migration
- Data Privacy
- Data Quality
- Data Replication
- Data Services
- Data Validation
- Data Virtualization
- Data Warehousing
- Database Archiving
- Identity Resolution
- Informatica 9.5
- Informatica Events and Webinars
- Lean Data Management
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Metadata Management
- Oil and Gas
- Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA)
- Proactive Monitoring
- SAP BW
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Test Data Management
- Ultra Messaging
Topic: Database Archiving
Learn how best-in-class organisations cost-effectively rationalise, sustain, modernise, and future-proof their application environments in order to pave the way to harnessing the power of big data.
It’s been well publicised that spiralling volumes of data and the increasing variety of new data sources have lead to application environments becoming complex and unwieldy. This is compounded by M&A activity or business units acquiring their own applications. The back drop of the current economic climate and increasing cost pressures draws further attention towards the need to simplify and rationalise IT estate, consolidate the number of data centres, manage data security, and drive more efficient ways to provision copies of production data for test and development purposes.
During this Informatica seminar you will discover why many organisations now consider Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) as an essential component in their strategy to manage IT costs and improve operational efficiencies.
Key topics covered during this short seminar:
- Why organisations need to move beyond merely sustaining applications in order to drive business innovation.
- How a data-centric approach to application optimisation will streamline operations, liberate valuable IT resources, deliver more valuable data to the business, and ultimately – allow your organisation to do more with less.
- How to cost-effectively protect sensitive data in production and development environments – while meeting retention and privacy regulations.
- How to meet the challenges of enforcing data security in the era of big data.
- How to easily retire duplicate or outdated applications while minimising the number and complexity of application interfaces.
- How to safely archive data while retaining access so you can easily respond to audit and eDiscovery requests.
This Informatica webinar replay explores in depth the issues facing many Oil and Gas companies today in managing the Information Lifecycle, and outlines the ways Informatica works with our Oil and Gas clients to address these key issues.
Many of our global Oil and Gas clients are working with us to address their needs to simplify and rationalise their IT estate, consolidate the number of data centers, manage data security and drive more efficient ways to provision copies of production data for test purposes.
The back drop of the current economic climate and increasing cost pressures is drawing further attention to these important areas, and many companies now consider Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) as an emerging best practice for managing IT costs and improving operational efficiencies.
- Increase IT operational efficiencies, maximise application performance, and reduce costs.
- Retire redundant, legacy systems and applications and ensure data accessibility.
- Provide and secure data for testing and development.
- Safely archive data and easily respond to audit and eDiscovery requests.
- Protect critical and confidential data while meeting retention and privacy regulations – in both production and non-production environments.
Join Informatica for a webinar replay to discuss the latest best practices for managing explosive data growth in your data warehouse.
With exploding data volumes and increasing analytic complexity, IT organisations are under siege to respond to business needs while reducing the costs associated with data delivery. With an estimated 85% of production data infrequently used, finding ways to better analyse data usage and archive data is essential.
Join Informatica experts and find out how to manage the explosion of data growth in your data warehouse while reducing infrastructure costs, shrinking maintenance windows, and improving application performance.
In this webinar replay, you will learn how to:
- Gain better visibility into data usage and business activity so unused and dormant data can be identified
- Efficiently archive dormant data, achieving extreme compression while maintaining accessSignificantly improve data warehouse and application performance
- Ensure users are able to access the data they need in a timely and efficient manner
- Locate hot spots of data so tuning and optimisation can be focused to increase operational efficiency
- Build a successful data governance program with database archiving as a core componentImplement Lean Data Warehouse principles
- Articulate the business benefit of the latest best practices and new solutions for data warehouse archiving
Informatica Webinar Replay: Manage Data Growth and Optimise Application Performance with Data Archiving
Join Informatica for a webinar replay to discuss how to “Manage Data Growth and Optimise Application Performance with Data Archiving”.
Forrester estimates that, on average, data repositories for large applications grow annually at 65%. To survive this explosion of data growth, you need a data management strategy that not only maximises IT efficiencies, but is cost-effective and scales for the future.
Exploding data volumes are difficult and costly to manage, and it impacts your IT organisation, application end users, business decision makers, and budget. Keeping this data in the production database isn’t sustainable, but deleting it isn’t an option. Data needs to remain accessible. And government or industry regulations often dictate retention periods.
In this webinar replay you will learn to:
- Manage data growth in transactional applications and data warehouses.
- Build the business case for solutions to manage data growth.
- Improve production application performance by up to 30%.
- Achieve ROI within 6-9 months.
- Ensure compliance to retention regulations.
|Topics Covered||Database Archiving|
Application portfolios have grown big, complex, and unwieldy. These environments often include hundreds of applications from any combination of JD Edwards, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Siebel, SAP and more. Some of these applications will be duplicated, while others will be redundant. Combine this with the increasing number of data volumes then it results in many organisations spending a very large percent of their IT budget on merely sustaining their existing applications – essentially, just “keeping the lights on”. It’s time for this to stop.
This Informatica Resource Centre features the latest strategies and best practices for streamlining all aspects of an enterprise application strategy – in order to help IT organisations rethink their application environment so they can shift their focus towards the valuable data within applications rather than the applications themselves.